The candidates should have the following qualifications:
• a PhD degree with specialisation in structural biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics, or related field is required
• excellent communication and writing skills in English
• ability to work independently and in a team
• proven experience in membrane protein production, purification and crystallisation
• experience in macromolecular crystallography
• experience in serial crystallography (data collection, data processing) is an advantage.
Fixed-term contract: 36 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary based on qualifications and experience, starting at € 3,353 gross per month (salary scale 10), based on a fulltime position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8%
• an 8.3% year-end bonus.
The position offered is for 3 years. Each successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another 2 years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year.
The starting date is flexible.