The ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
• a MSc degree with specialisation in cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology or related topics is required (if not graduated yet, please indicate the expected graduation date)
• excellent communication skills and command of the English language
• ability to work independently and in a team
• highly motivated, proactive and diligent
• experience in working with the Xenopus laevis egg extract system, human tissue culture, fluorescence microscopy or protein mass spectrometry is an advantage.
Fixed-term contract: 48 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 2,395 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 3,061 gross per month in the fourth and final year for a full-time working week
• a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus.
The position offered is for four years. Each successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the contract period is to be expected. A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School Science and Engineering of the Faculty.
The starting date is negotiable, though a starting date between October 2020 and April 2021 is preferred.