Product Owner – Risk & Position
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Amsterdam
In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure.
We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates. Our goal is to add value by developing affordable, custom-made financial services for all investors. That is why we teamed up with flatex bank. Together, we form one of the biggest pan-European brokers.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Product Owner to join our Risk & Position team.
As a Product Owner of Risk & Position inside the trading Tribe, you will own our Risk & Position applications and services. You will be responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the development team, by enhancing our existing products and building new innovative solutions.
You will develop and own the ‘product’ vision by actively aligning with your stakeholders and translate this vision into a prioritized backlog for your agile team. You are the owner of the product developed by your team and are therefore obsessed with measuring and validating the outcomes and the value it brings. You are excited to contribute to our mission to empower people to become the smartest self-directed investors they can be.
About the team (tribe) focus
Within the DEGIRO tribes, the Trading tribe encompasses all IT solutions keeping trading operating in a safe way and able to accommodate our continuous future growth.
The Risk & Position Squad will be responsible for the tooling that supports the applications that our Client Risk department uses to manage trading risks (margin, limits) and services that calculate and store information regarding risk & positions. The applications developed and managed by the squad help DEGIRO become more efficient in its day-to-day processes and enhance its reliability and customer trust.
What you will be responsible for:
- Clearly define the product backlog by aligning with stakeholders on requirements and upcoming regulatory and legislative changes;
- Order and prioritize the backlog to best achieve our goals, strategy, and mission;
- Ensure the backlog is visible, transparent, and the team understands the why, the what, and the how;
- Clearly communicate your product vision to your team, other Product Owners, and general stakeholders within DEGIRO;
- Take ownership for the change and for running/maintaining the environment once you have developed the solution;
- Optimize and maximize the value of the work of the development team;
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to understand user needs and market opportunities.
- Measure, validate, and report to the stakeholders and the change team the outcomes of your product and the value it brings.
What you can expect:
- Good work-life balance;
- 30 days paid leave;
- Possibility to earn a bonus;
- Personal and professional development with access to relevant training and career progression;
- Transport allowance or related benefits like a leased electric VanMoof;
- Pension plan;
- Paid Dutch lessons.
Plus, the basics you shouldn’t live without:
- Like-minded colleagues with whom you can share your interests and learn from;
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Lunch, fruit, and coffee at the office;
- Modern and friendly work environment;
- Office location in a central position of Amsterdam;
- Gym membership;
- €35 of internet allowance;
- Referral bonus;
- Company laptop and home office support (chair, headphones, screen, amongst others).
We are looking for you if you have:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience as a Product Owner;
- A track record of proven success in past positions;
- Academic background Bachelor’s and/or Master’s (ideally a mathematical background);
- Experience in the financial markets industry and knowing about financial products and its risk (example: hedging with options/futures) is a big advantage;
- Experience with working within an Agile environment, Scrum framework, and with project management tooling such as JIRA and Confluence;
- Experience with a start-up and/or scale-up is a plus;
- Excellent English communication skills, written and oral;
- Great understanding of the business need of your domain, as well as an instinct for direction. Where can we add value? What products/features should we build next?;
- Customer-oriented and passionate about crafting a positive user experience;
- Strategic thinker and a great listener with a natural ability to see product opportunities;
- Flexible problem-solver, with strong resilience, and ability to bring clarity to complex situations;
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn;
- A humble leader with great communication skills to bridge the information flow between the business and IT;
- Passionate about different initiatives, energized by creating and driving great ideas to market.
Most of all, we value inclusiveness!
- You create and foster a work environment where individuals with different ideas, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities feel valued, useful, and welcomed;
- You instill trust, high integrity, and strength, leading by example and communicating openly without blaming others;
- You build strong relationships within the organization and have a keen sense of how to navigate through both internal and external hurdles.